Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have the top mounted bumper signal light found on the S1 1968 euro model.
The unit contains two bulbs. The lens is clear on the front and amber on the side. Can someone tell me what color the front facing bulb should be. Clear or amber?
I'm assuming one is parking and the other the signals on the flasher unit. The wire diagram I have doesn't seem to show this clearly - showing the signal circuit only.

I'm considering LEDs for all the exterior lights that match the proper color and brightness. I might bail if it seems too costly or I can't achieve the desired look.

I'm also looking for a LED compatible flasher. I consulted the Papajam diagram for the 68' euro and it shows 2 terminals. Can someone who has a 68 or 69 confirm the terminal pin out (number/letters) ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
All bulbs are clear. The lens makes it amber for the signal lights. At that time there were no colored bulbs except yellow head beams for the French market.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All bulbs are clear. The lens makes it amber for the signal lights. At that time there were no colored bulbs except yellow head beams for the French market.
That makes perfect sense. I may skip the LEDS and put the $ elsewhere. I actually have all the yellow head beams as my car originated in Paris. The housings are shot but I have an idea to transfer the lenses to new aftermarket units...of course they are illegal in MA and I imagine most of the U.S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts