Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta ask...what has happened to common decency?

Friday night, down at one of my good mates house, enjoying a few adult beverages, and having a laugh...sort of dozed off on the couch about 1.30am...

Get woken up circa 2.30ish(i think) to my girlfriend going "Erm...Drew... Wake up...someone has crashed into your alfa....and driven off....there gone, no use flying off the handle(she knows me well enough to know that most things ill let slide...but my cars :mad: )

Walk outside to see the car I had left on the nature strip:

(this was the 3rd photo I took...a bottle of wild turkey along with jagermeister shots won't do anything good for your balance)

then went out in the morning, hoping to find a note on the windsheild/letter box.

Nup.

Nix...Nada..

Took more photos..

Unfortunatly, found a bit of rust at the bottom of the quarter/top of sill... thats 2 spots of rust(bottom corner of d/s taillight)

and the pile of headlight & headlight protector plastic from the other car... our best guess is vt or vx commodore, or el/au falcon...

We were meant to be repairing the faded paint on the saturday(roof, drivers door, both pass doors, pass 1/4 flair, d/side front guard above black strip all faded) and fixing the patch of rust below taillight and fill in antenna hole...

Lost all motivation...

all the times its been hit(1 d/s bumper corner, 1 p/s bonnet above h/l & rad supp panel, 1 p/s bumper corner) im just over it...thinking about sticking it in a shed till i have the appropriate funds to go junglejustice on its arse and maybe buy one of the grey 75 3ltrs out of south australia...

Sorry for the long post....just still pissed off, now, 4 days later...

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
90% plus of the people out at 1:30 am or later are probably drunk.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Ah man. That sucks a lot. Is this down in S/E Melbourne?

There is not a lot of common decency at all in the world, occasionally made better by the odd act of random kindness. I once had my GTV keyed down the side, 2 panels and the door. They then proceeded to etch a swastika on my boot.

How does someone swipe a car parked on a road like that anyway? One day you'll be sitting at some lights and you'll see a Toyota echo or something with a swathe of red paint on it and you can beat them senseless.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep....frankston, city o' dreams.

car was parked on nature strip, on the other side of the road that they would have been going....

it is a mostly quiet suburban street, just wide(and downhill slightly in the section where it was, just after a gentle bend)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
that sucks, but going by the description I expected the damage to be much worse (not that its going to be much consolation). Doesn't matter how careful you are, some other f-wit can always f-k it up for you.

·
Registered
936 Posts
CRAZY !!

the exact same thing happened next door to me on Saturday night, 3 days ago. the offender pushed my neighbor's new Acura up over the curb into the front yard with a Lincoln LS, backed up, and took off. got the whole neighborhood out and gawking in the middle of the night . . . lucky for him its a new appliance mobile, and not some classic Italian bella machina :(

this is actually the 4TH :eek: time this has happened in the last 15 years, in the EXACT same spot, on a residential street, in a sleepy suburb, yada, yada, yada . . . one must be going ludicrous speed to lose control here. the tire squeeling, high speed slide lasted so long, i thought someone was doing donuts !!

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's bad luck Drew. Luckily it wasn't worse, they probably looked at the badge and ran:(

I'm wrecking a red 75 with a good door on it if you need (I've got all panels). I'm in Ferntree Gully

Cheers, Scott

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nah still got it. It is out of the garage though and up against the fence on the grass. I had a friends car to fix and I haven't gotten around to deciding exactly what I want to keep....... you know how it is:D

Scott

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've moved to inner-city Sydney, and Shannons told me if I wanted to keep the car in my new suburb the insurance would be $400 a year more "because people don't leave notes when they scrape you". :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
man i know how you feel. my gcl got rear ended when i was stopped at a set of lights about to turn ( because another idiot decided to run across the road without looking). I was stopped waiting for this idiot to cross minding my own business when a car hit me in the back. I proceeded to turn into the street thinking the car behind would follow as I didnt want to cause traffic on the main road. The guy just sped off. I didnt catch his number plate or anything. The guy crossing the road ran off. Imagine how pissed off I was!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts