Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my new project of making a drawing of an 8C 2600 Monza!

The drawing is in the process of being made and I will post pictures along the way as the work progress!

Best regards

Carsten

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Ink on velum?

Charcoal on canson?

What size?

Lucigraph or slide from your photo or others?

It looks great. :) I love the perspective on the shell decal. I can see you are very good. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ink on velum?

Charcoal on canson?

What size?

Lucigraph or slide from your photo or others?

It looks great. :) I love the perspective on the shell decal. I can see you are very good. ;)
Thanks, :)

Entirely freehand work! Ink (0,1 MM Drawingpen) on paper 59,4 X 42 Centimeters!
All done from looking at a photo!
Find more of my works here: www.bugattiart.com

Best

Carsten

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Thanks, :)

Entirely freehand work! Ink (0,1 MM Drawingpen) on paper 59,4 X 42 Centimeters!
All done from looking at a photo!
Find more of my works here: Bugattiart.com

Best

Carsten
Do you mean that you project the photo on the paper and trace? That is how I do it. If you are drawing freehand with no projection, are you using the grid system? Are you using ellipse guides? We do that with large mural paintings. To get perfect perspective I need tools, working from the horizon line in 1, 2 or 3 point perspective. A long straight edge or string helps work out large murals.

The drawing below was done with ink, markers, gauche and chalk. It was freehand with the use of sweeps and ellipse guides. The 'eye-balled' perspective in my drawing is off a bit because of time restraints. But, had I the time, I would have taken a photo of the Camaro and projected it as a base for the final rendering.

The eye is good, but not perfect. The car we built, from the drawing, is below. The car was finessed as it was built. As you can see there are more compound curves and deeper sweeps in the final outcome. A very nice form.

Your drawing is picture perfect with regards to perspective.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts