Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I don't know if this question has been asked before (did the search, but came up with nothing), but is there any advantage to replacing the ecu and afm on a stock L engine with S units? I will probably change out my cams sometime down the line with performance cams, but I am thinking of aquiring the ecu and afm first. Is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts
Hi Guys, I don't know if this question has been asked before (did the search, but came up with nothing), but is there any advantage to replacing the ecu and afm on a stock L engine with S units? I will probably change out my cams sometime down the line with performance cams, but I am thinking of aquiring the ecu and afm first. Is it worth it?
Your should not see much of anything out of this. It is not a direct plug in to the AFM, you need to switch some wires around. The ECU will plug right in and work but with out the cams/pistons there should be no real gain.
You would need a S airbox for the AFM, bottom box you can use from the L but the S intake tube is bigger too. Intake tub as well.

You can try it to see if there is any difference but I think you will have a rough running car.

Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts