Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what some people think. I have an 89 Quad and I pulled the old carpet to discover a couple of nice old holes in my floor pan. I got sidetracked by a leaky heater core but am now ready to get the floor pan issue fixed. Question is would it be better to replace the whole pan or just patch in the sections that are rotted after I've cleared out all the rust? Hopefully the picture I attached will show up.

Thanks to all, in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Monsai52 that's why I posted here. Aside from the obvious holes there is zero rust on the pan. The p.o. made some exhaust adjustments which is why you see the o2 sensor butting out of the hole by the gas pedal. That will need to be moved. A friend of mine is helping me with the welding. He suggested patching it. Another friend who has done some frame off restorations of Corvettes and has experience welding as well has suggested replacing the whole pan.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.