Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am seeking help for a rust issue , i have restored an Alfa romeo gt junior and i had major rust issues on the door i had to replace most of the metal , but unfortunally i noticed inside the door on the bottom door sill it is rusting again and the corner of it has alredy a rust hole , i have alredy put rust spray wich only slows it down but does not stop it , i cant afford to do much cutting because my car has been re sprayed and i dont want to tAke the door off because it was a job to aline them, has anybody got any solution on what can i do to stop the rust and just clean up what has rusted ?

Please help
Regards
Mike

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
A good paint shop can easily mask off and match paint. So cutting is the best result.
Stop it for good while you can. Make sure drainage is good once repaired.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rust

I've had good results with POR15.
Sand off the loose rust, hit it with the metal prep acid, neutralize with water and brush on POR15, 2 coats.
The stuff is amazing.
Much better (in my experience) than the "rust converters".

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had good results with POR15.
Sand off the loose rust, hit it with the metal prep acid, neutralize with water and brush on POR15, 2 coats.
The stuff is amazing.
Much better (in my experience) than the "rust converters".
Thank you very much ill have a go at that PoR 15 and if it does not work ill cut the metal out and weld new one in i was hoping not to remove the door

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts