Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About twenty years ago I was living in North Seattle. I parked my Spider in the Safeway parking lot near an older African American man selling potted trees on the sidewalk. He complemented my Spider and said that he had one as well, and that he had it serviced by the neighborhood foreign car repair shop. This shop had a VW bus with prewar Alfa Grand Prix race cars painted on the side, which appeared on the last page of Road and Track magazine some time in the 80s.

Some time later I spotted a hand lettered sign with the name of his business on it. At the back of the lot I saw an Alfa Giulietta Spider sticking out of a half-built shed under a tarp.

Ten years later after I had moved out of that neighborhood I found myself driving through and I swung by the lot where he grew his plants and trees. The Alfa was still there. The property looked long abandoned by this time.

Another ten years, today, I looked at the car close up.
It was sunk up to the axles in the dirt, and the plastic tarp held in three decades of Pacific Northwest dampness. Nothing restoreable remains.

Rust in peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plate had tabs from 1982. Thirty three years under a plastic tarp. I should have asked him about it 20 years ago but I was a broke college student then.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It should still be dragged out and any parts saved. If possible... If its a Veloce there is $$ there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I peeked under the hood, it's a Normale.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
How would one go about taking possession of such a vehicle in a scenario such as this?

What do the WA laws say?

Thanks

Ray

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
amazing how those Altissimo lenses have not faded. no 1960ish Spider has no value even in this condition

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raimondo, I'm sure that one would have to approach the current landowner. I wonder if they have any idea how valuable that lot is in the Seattle real estate market.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts