Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Speaking of which, what happened to our location info?

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
Jay is WAY on top of this! I'm taking notes...

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
But it's NOT what you or I would call "kinky" Brian.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Maybe now might be a good time to add one new rule when posting a "For Sale" advert. And that would be to post a price. Why do people not post what they want for it? It is a real PITA having to send messages back and forth to establish a price for an item when the seller already has a good idea what they want for it. If I wanted to haggle or compete with others I would go to e-bay. A good rule would be to post a price or your add is removed after 24hrs.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe now might be a good time to add one new rule when posting a "For Sale" advert. And that would be to post a price. Why do people not post what they want for it? It is a real PITA having to send messages back and forth to establish a price for an item when the seller already has a good idea what they want for it. If I wanted to haggle or compete with others I would go to e-bay. A good rule would be to post a price or your add is removed after 24hrs.
If you want something that is for sale without a price, it takes no more effort to to make an offer that it does to post an "I'll take it" and the accompanying PM's to exchange addresses and payment methods. It isn't as cryptic a method to sell anything as you make it. It happens at every auction... from a bag of marbles to a Rembrandt. People post items that way because they don't know the value. It isn't a tease. It just makes sense to me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you want something that is for sale without a price, it takes no more effort to to make an offer that it does to post an "I'll take it" and the accompanying PM's to exchange addresses and payment methods. It isn't as cryptic a method to sell anything as you make it. It happens at every auction... from a bag of marbles to a Rembrandt. People post items that way because they don't know the value. It isn't a tease. It just makes sense to me.
Yes, but this isn't an auction, or if it is then call it that. If someone doesn't know the value of an item they want to sell, do some research. How lazy can you be? It just saves the tedium of offering a price, having it rejected, and it going back and forth until the price the person wants is met. Just say what you want for it. If it's too much then it won't sell and the price comes down. It couldn't be simpler.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, but this isn't an auction, or if it is then call it that. If someone doesn't know the value of an item they want to sell, do some research. How lazy can you be? It just saves the tedium of offering a price, having it rejected, and it going back and forth until the price the person wants is met. Just say what you want for it. If it's too much then it won't sell and the price comes down. It couldn't be simpler.
Look at it as a win.. If you know something is worth $100 ...offer him $75. You might like the results .or ... You know what you will pay so offer that. Either way, it's your money to part with and the question remains, how badly do you want to part with your money.. I like the odds on both of these scenarios rather than dealing with a seller who hasn't got a clue so asks a number out of his dirt hole.

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Keith the 'Rules' have gone astray in the move - It's mostly common sense, put a For Sale or Wanted in front of the header, keep it Alfa specific, selling gym equipment is for ebay, don't accept western union payments etc, etc

We've logged the missing rules with Verticalscope's IT guys, but they have their hands full with weightier issues right now

Aye
Greig

1 - 17 of 17 Posts