Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know what year they started putting the rubber pieces on the ends of the cowl panel!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you asking about the grill insert?

Ken
Nope. The rubber seals at each end of the cowl panel. For that matter, when did they start the plastic piece?

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They started with the S3's and continued with the S4's. You can add them to the S2's if desired.
So, a 1982 would have them originally?

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
107 Posts
One word of caution with respect to those rubber seal. Water collects in them and eats away at your parafan or cowl panel as you call it. Mind you, it is a slow process. When I bought my Spider none were fitted and I put them on. Probably some 25 years ago. But after twenty five years this is what you might end up with:

So I ended up having to replace and repaint the complete parafan. Not too bad, once every twenty five years, and whilst you are in there, check the drains and the wiper motor!

Jeroen

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
One word of caution with respect to those rubber seal. Water collects in them and eats away at your parafan or cowl panel as you call it
that is true, they are a sort of rust trap and the cowl metal lip that fits into them, is very tinny.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 1997 BMW M 3/4/5, 2007 Land Cruiser
49 Posts
No rubber seal on my ‘82... plastic sitting on painted metal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts