Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As with all series 3 (and presumably series 4) Spiders, the door windows have two round precision holes at the bottom to accommodate the metal hardware which secures the glass to the window lift cables. To protect the naked glass from the naked metal of the hardware, black, round rubber grommets are fitted in each of the holes in the glass. The grommets in my 1986 QV are completely deteriorated and have each separated into three individual, unusable, deformed pieces.
Does anyone know where I can source just the grommets? They are currently visible in an eBay ad (Alfa Romeo Spider Glass Window Support Holders 2 71 94 | eBay) for the entire hardware assemblies. If you view this ad's photos, please do not confuse the grommets with the thick, solid, round rubber window stops.
Many thanks in advance for anyone that can help on this quest.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's been 9 years but this is the only post I can find that mentions these rubber grommets that protects the mounts from damaging the glass. I'm replacing my window felt and these little guys were torn and I'm sure they're available... anyone know what these pieces are called or where I can find them.

I'll be hitting up the Ace Hardware tomorrow, wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Bought these.for my GTV, don’t know if they are the same size. RB134 QUARTERLIGHT GLASS HINGE SEALS from classicalfa.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bought these.for my GTV, don’t know if they are the same size.
Thank you. I found the ones you mentioned on CA (see link below). The photos show 3 pieces of rubber per hole just like mine (which I though had broken into 3 pieces) so it looks like the parts I have may be fine. I'd still prefer to replace with new if available.

See below for pictures of the rubber bits from my window that I am looking to replace while replacing my window felt.

Grey Wood Audio equipment Gadget Rectangle
Automotive tire Wood Rim Bicycle part Gas

Hopefully this revived thread will help someone else down the road.

Cheers!

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts