Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plastic for 74 GTV seat back release lever

Still looking for the rubber part that fits onto the seat back release lever found on 74 GTV. No one seems to make repops of this part. So please check your junk seats. I need this part. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response, unfortunately that is not the part, it鈥檚 the rubber on the seat back release lever to allow the seat back to fold forward to allow passengers more room to sit in the rear seats. Ty anyway

Registered
Those are ribbed plastic push knobs, that pop onto the steel finger in your photo. And they sometimes crack because they fit so @#$*& tightly. I know because a had a perfectly good one crack when I tried to pop it on. I wound up filing the raised indentation down to make it an easier fit, and gluing it on with black silicone.

And they're hard to find, which I'm sure you realize by now!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, don't have the rest of the car here, was going from memory, which apparently isn't what it used to be. Cheers

Thanks for the reply, seems like all rubber, plastic or pot metal part on these has about a 50 year shelf life before self destructing. Thanks for the tip, Best, Fran

Registered
Nobody makes these and they are incredibly hard to find off of junk cars because a) there really aren鈥檛 many 鈥渏unk鈥 Alfas anymore, and b) people keep the seats altogether. I imagine if you ordered a couple of used seats from APE, specifying that they came with those knobs, they would hook you up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts