Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to replace or substitute for the rubber boots/seals around the electrical connection entries into the light buckets/frames? I have several that are in varying stages of decay, or just missing.

Thanks

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
The grommets?

You'll likely find something suitable if not outright identical at the local parts store in a blisterpack, usually in the 'HELP' products (you know, those red packages) isle where they keep the lock buttons, misc clips, throttle springs, choke cables, etc.

That or pull one out, hand it to the clerk and ask 'have you got?'

·
Super Moderator
10,210 Posts
Headlight bucket grommets

I sort of agree with Tifosi - you are going to have to find something that is close, perhaps in the "universal parts" section of your local Pep Boys or Autozone. I disagree with him when he suggests showing the old one to the kid at the counter - his first question is going to be "whatsitouta?", you will reply "an Alfa Romeo Bertone coupe", and the conversation will degenerate from there.

The challenge with that boot/grommet (at least on my '65 Sprint) is that the hole in the bucket is pretty big, but only 3 wires need to pass through it. You can make a grommet with a large od but small id by starting with one large enough to fit into the hole in the bucket, and then glueing a smaller one into the id of the larger one with some black trim adhesive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts