Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone have an idea of how the rubber cover sold for the top of battery goes any photos or information much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I´m not 100% sure as I´m not done with that detail on both of my 101 cars either, but think it is held in place by a steel frame sitting on top of the rubber cover and the frame in turn sits fastened to the battery tray with two long rods, one on each side, with wing nuts on top.

Have a look at Alfastop´s site under AlfaStop - passionate about Giuliettas (vintage Alfa Romeo Spares/Parts), three items from bottom, where you can see the complete assembly.

Dennis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
battery cover 101 spider veloce

I have one and can photo if you want.

Larry Benson
hi Larry and merry Christmas

i have the lower rubber the top rubber, the metal frame, nice looking things but cant seem to work out how it all comes together with the battery terminals and cables under, cant find a photo anywhere. i wouldnt imagine you need to punch holes in the cover?
thanking you in advance

Michael

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi Larry and merry Christmas

i have the lower rubber the top rubber, the metal frame, nice looking things but cant seem to work out how it all comes together with the battery terminals and cables under, cant find a photo anywhere. i wouldnt imagine you need to punch holes in the cover?
thanking you in advance

Michael

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello Concept 101 merry Christmas
thankyou for your response i have the lower rubber. the top cover and mtal frame but cant find an image to see how it all goes together
anyway thanks hope Larry can help me not sure if what i replied goes onto forum or in private message dont know my way around forum thanks Michael

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Hi Michael,

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too, unfortunately I only have my theory version how the assembly should sit together, as like I already told you, I´m not done with that detail yet myself. I actually couldn´t find any detailed photo of the complete assembly in place either, so I hope someone can chime in here with some nice pics.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
P.S.

I found several pics of very nice cars and their trunks through times, but for some reason none had the correct original battery tray set up installed and actually mostly the upper rubber cover or something else was missing, or it could just be pure makeshift solutions all together.

I have to stress here though that I wasn´t looking all that insensely as I at the time of the restoration (not long ago) had thousands of other, more important problems to cope with.

Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts