Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm sure you'll do better with track tires of course in terms of ultimate grip. However, I kinda agree with Grant that you should be able to get good grip running street tires and a good well sorted out suspension.

What's the point of R compund tires if the car is rolling on the door handles to begin with.

The track tires of course benefit even more from increased neg. camber and stiffer settings.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I thought that the RS Racing stuff was made by Intraxx. The pictures on the Intraxx sight look like the more expensive adjustable RS Racing stuff.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have confirmed that the RS Racing stuff and Intrax are a joint collaboration. The RS/ Intrax shocks use high pressure Nitrogen in them. Here is a snippet of a thread from gtv6.org with Ron commenting on some interesting things regarding shocks.

"Hi Guys,

I would like to add something to this discussion and give you another option too.

I'm driving an old Group A Auto delta works Alfa GTV6 which won alfa the european championship in 84. back then the car was driven by Lella Lombardi and Giorgio Francia. The championship car was using bilstein non adjustable shocks back then. I drove the car with these shocks and i think they where good at that time but there were better alternatives available. Now i'm running this car with an intrax full race suspension adjustable system under mutual development.

Now, since i'm using 10 Alfa 75's and my own road going GTV6 for my Advanced Driving Academy i had to face the challenge again and built a new system that would be perfect for the combination of fast street and track day use. The system can be lowered on-the-fly upon arrival at the track.

The yellow koni's are not good for the GTV6. hard but no performance. The bilsteins are far better and the stiffness pays of with increased handling. Both set's are a little bit dated though.

Now the most important thing. If you lower the car you also need stiffer springs. For the rear it's easy. for the front it's a little more difficult so people stop after lowering the torsions."

·
Registered
752 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.