Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
So, what happened to "RSR is a band-aid" and "drop spindles are the cure"...? :rolleyes:

Just asking.

Look, the RSR setup is amazing. Period. Just step up. Tires first, then suspension - suspension first, then tires - doesn't matter. Do drop-spindles, then tires and then suspension - still doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, you have to address the roll and the weak spring-rates! (Somebody once said VERY early on; "...these cars need a great deal of spring to come around..." ;)

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
...Hey, what do you do when the shocks blow? Do you send them back to Ron or can they be rebuilt in the states?...:D
Don't know - never had a set blow up on us! I guess that you would just send them to G2 here locally and draw replacements from stock!

...Jon, you should bring your Verde down to an AROSC race at Buttonwillow or something. It's not TOO far for a once a year thing :D
I've driven it down to Laguna Seca in the past - that was nice... The only problem for me personally is that no matter who you are, what level your experience, how many races you've done, or what you drive - the SoCal club won't let you run without first going through their ground-school and everything!)

It sort of sucks because when our club hosted the national convention up here two years ago, we were in the same position - we bent the rules for out-of-towners as a courtesy though! That same courtesy was not extended the last two times I came down! (They wouldn't even let Ron Simons drive at Willow and he holds an FIA license!)

Not much incentive to drive all of that way only to play follow-the leader at lunch time!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
...I don't know what transpired at the WSIR event when Ron was there, so I can't comment...[/i]
With Ron in January it was just a flat-out "NO" on driving regardless of the car - they never even asked "what car?"

That - coupled with the almighty blow-off we got from California-area Alfa shops in general on hosting a tech session (like the ones we did successfully here in Seattle, down in Houston and over in New York), really pissed me off royally! Ron traveled all of that way...

Any way - thanks guys - I'll take this under advisement and maybe come out one of these days when the "big gun" is loaded! :D

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Let's not bleed all over this thread - but in short yes - well - sort of (we tried to register as drivers to see if we even could drive - before making arrangements for wheels...)

Nope. I fell in my own sword and said "how about just for my guest from Europe then...?" The guy asked me who "Ron Simons" was... Told him that he has an FIA license - answer was still nope.

Best offer was to get him a "ride-along" in one of the instructor's cars during the lunch-break!!! Laughed my arse off (thought about Ron "sitting in" for a trip around that dust-bowl...)

Sorry guys - just think that it was pretty stupid - the ****ing guy raced Ferraris and Alfas for 10 plus years; gets to drive customers' F1 cars, F50s, Enzos, sports racers off all kinds, GT3 RSRs - you name it - at Spa, the Ring, Zolder, Zandvoort, Goodwood! (Pretty funny thought - him "sitting-in" at Willow with an instructor...) :D

The look on his face when I told him - priceless. :eek:

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Yeah, well - at least you were nice enough to put us up and host the shindig at your house! :D Thanks again - that was pretty cool... :cool:

Yeah - I tried to set it all up weeks and weeks in advance! Let's just drop it - I don't want to nail and alienate high-profile people within the club here publicly like this - it probably was just a misunderstanding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.