Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The 75 has a disadvantage by being 10cm taller and 11 cm longer between the wheelbase, than the GTV6 and then the weight. Also for a track car it has two surplus doors. However it has the same chassis as the GTV6 and responds to tuning in the same positive way. To get good results i agree with others here there is no other way to go than all the way, otherwise the full effect of the modifications will not show. Good dampers will be masked by bad tires etc. So buy the full RSR kit and change the whole suspension system, its very good! If you are going full race then even drop the torsion bars and go full coilover. 225/45 16 sport/R tires (RE-55S) from for instance Bridgestone work very well on front and rear of the GTV6 so it should be OK on the 75 too, I would recommend it.

By the way the Jap-car owners love this tire,so why let them have the advantage :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Quote: I just mounted ES100 225/45/16. I had to do some fender modifications but it wasn't too bad. So far, the grip is noticeably better but still isn't that great.

This tire is a regular street tire and you cannot expect it to function like a Sport tire. A Sport tire has a much stiffer carcass and can carry the car much better in corners, in additon that the negative part of the thread is much less. Even the compound of the thread of the Sport tire is much tougher than on the road tires. So if you want maximum grip, Sport tires is the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.