Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows or can measure length of stroke for front dampers?

Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
On the RS kit or on the standard shock...? Not sure what you are trying to achieve...

Buy the standard RSR kit, lower the front (torsion bars - some trial and error there), install the RSR kit as per Ron’s instructions and you're done! The prescribed standard setting for the RSR setup is pretty low, but you can run the car higher. Just make sure that at full rest, the red tender-springs are fully bound.

Use all; new poly bushes at the top of the shocks / coil-overs, do the 105 GTV castor-rod uni-ball conversion while you are at it, do the DeDion front bushing (rose-joint - or poly for a street car), redo the alignment and you're done!

Only other advice that I would have; do as much of the suspension at the same time as possible (so the front and rear anti-roll bars, the watts-links and heim-joints etc.)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I think this could be related to the mention in another post that the RS racing dampers are too short to fit with dropped spindles unless you use a spacer. It seems like a reasonable question to me (although I would just get larger torsion bars instead).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do you want to know that?
I want to go for cheaper option, so I want to compare RS Racing kit with measures I've calculated... RSR have 4' long main spring +4' long helper spring?

Junglejustice: Thank you for detailed answer! I'll skip RSR since I'm not building my car for serious racing - only for occasional track days. Already installed poly bushings at the rear + center uni-ball.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting mod, but I'll go in another direction; There is a company in UK that builds dampers and coilovers (gaz), only thing you need to do is to specify some key data like spring rate, spring length, stroke, etc... For example; front coilovers (pair) with adjustable dampers would cost around 230-250$.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Spax in England has a kit also with adjustable gas dampers, for the transaxle. OK for occasional trackday, but not enough for racing.

Matter of fact, a friend who has used a Spax set, gas-adjustable, on his 75racer offered me his set as he has replaced it with more racy dampers. They looked new. So a set is for sale for a reasonable price. So if there is anybody interested I could make the connection.

http://www.spax.co.uk/start.php?type=classic&lang=en

1 - 10 of 10 Posts