Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
You guys just don't get it do ya?

Rowing: the act of pushing or pulling against a lever, handle, or device designed to supply unmotorized propulsion to the vehicle or vessel it is attached to.

Obviously you move it about by pushing the row bar instead of utilizing an internal combustion engine.

Sheesh, how much clearer can it be? :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
A row bar??? I didn't know Alfa made amphibious Spiders. I wonder if I could install that option on my 78 so I could take it out on the lake next summer?

Wayne

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clueless e-bay Alfa (or should I say alpha) sellers

eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : Spider (item 160188889763 end time Dec-15-07 21:00:00 PST)
". . . the fan to the heater no longer works but my mechanic reassures me that this is due to not using the heater. . ."--I guess I wouldn't use my heater either, especially if my heater fan did not work!

"There is a burgandy bra for when the convertible top is in the down position. . ."--Baring her undergarments, this one's a tramp not a lady!

Let's keep this thread going. We should have started with the pizza delivery-ferrari-stickered Duetto, but I'm sure there will be many more.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
That Spider doesn't look bad, although to me, the series 4 green-tint windshield looks out of place. Yes, I'm sure the owner would have no clue about what I'm referring to, but it bothers me more than the "row" bar and the "bra". As far as the owner's knowledge, and that of whoever his "mechanic" is... Well, that's also quite worrisome. I wouldn't bid on this car without inspecting it first...

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I've decided that I'm never going to sell an Alfa.

My spelling and writing skills are so bad that you guys would probably come to my house and beat me too death. :D

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
this is funny....could actually be a decent car though

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've seen this car a number of times, though never up close. I used to live in Ann Arbor and was regularly in Dearborn for business. Don't know the owner, though.

I'd like to think his mechanic is Dean Russell at Trail Alfa in nearby Dearborn Heights.

It doesn't look like a bad car to me, though the spelling issues are a little mysterious! And the black dash has obviously replaced a red dash... and yet the black one has been allowed to crack very badly. Interesting...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've decided that I'm never going to sell an Alfa.

My spelling and writing skills are so bad that you guys would probably come to my house and beat me too death. :D
I agree...........my car isn't perfect and I would hate for it to be ripped apart on the BB just because I aint all that smart on the language of the country I lives in. :rolleyes:

Looks like a fine car to me.........

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've seen this car a number of times, though never up close. I used to live in Ann Arbor and was regularly in Dearborn for business. Don't know the owner, though.

I'd like to think his mechanic is Dean Russell at Trail Alfa in nearby Dearborn Heights.

It doesn't look like a bad car to me, though the spelling issues are a little mysterious! And the black dash has obviously replaced a red dash... and yet the black one has been allowed to crack very badly. Interesting...
Hooligan, I'm STILL here in Michigan (no jobs or money...but we have water).
The pic looks like 'east' Dearborn, NOT 'west' Dearborn. And you know that there is historical data to back-up the 'differences' in spelling and word
application (duh). Maybe I should check it out OR ask Dean about it. It's
only 45 miles away....Ed K.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts