Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrr.....my AAV is toast, so rather than spend $100+ for an OEM automatic one, I opted to get a manual one (provide more control, and save some $$$ at the same time). I have the GM manual heater valve to use for this (from a suggestion on the board here) and a manual choke slider/cable, but the trouble I'm having now is routing the cable. There are just too many sharp bends any way I do it, and the cable gets bent and becomes nearly impossible to slide inside the housing. Anyone who's done this have any suggestions? I'm starting right out with a problem because I put the slider where my mirror switch used to be (really about the only good place), which puts it right up against the duct for the driver's knee vent. From there, I've tried going under the steering column, over/around it, or right under the pedals where they attach to the car, and up through the opening on the driver's side where all those wires come out.....nothing works. My main issue seems to be where the cable has to make a bend to line up with the valve itself....it goes from almost straight along the firewall, to a more or less 90 degree bend at the valve. I know some other folks have done this mod......how did you route the cable???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts