Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

Searching the posts for an answer to my latest question I found this thread. But I do not understand the answer to the question. What "script"? Are they referring to the stainless steel sill plate that has "Alfa Romeo" in script on it? I believe the person who answered the question states that the wire loom is routed underneath the sill plate. Is that true? I am not able to get the loom to fit under the plate. Is the loom possibly supposed to lay next the the seam at the top of the sill?

I found the loom laying beneath the carpet in the 1973 GTV that I am currently trying to get running . It doesn't seem right; it seems too haphazard. Where is the loom in your GTV?

Also, when the loom leaves the cabin and enters the trunk through which hole in the sheet metal that separates the cabin from the trunk does the loom pass? As always, photos would be appreciated.

I inherited an abandon restoration project.

Thank you,

Bob

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Great timing - I'm working on the loom of my 73 now and digging thru old pictures to answer some of these questions. Attached the best pics I could find. Might the firewall to sheetmetal grommet help you figure this out?

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you r-mm.

Your image of the loom laying on the sill tells me that I need to try harder to make the one in my car fit there.

Would you happen to have a shot of the loom going into the trunk from the passenger compartment?

As is it, the loom makes its way from the passenger compartment to the trunk by passing through an approximately 70 cm diameter circular hole that is mostly above the left rear wheel arch. As it passes through this hole the loom just lays on the sheet metal edge of the hole. I can see that the loom wrap is being abraded by this edge. Again, it does not seem right. By right, I mean, I don't think the loom is routed as it was when it left the factory.

Bob

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
In fact I do because I only just last week pulled the wiring from the trunk.

I am using a fabric heat shrink to cover all my wiring. It is beautiful stuff, from Raychem, sold by McMaster.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes, it runs under the sill trim plate, although it is a tight fit, and yes, it goes through that hole into the trunk.... From memory it doesn't turn to the passenger side immediately after entering the trunk, it continues rearward on the driver's side.
/Neil

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
If you look closely at that pic you can see it branches just after passing thru to the trunk - one wire to defrost on the D/S C pillar, 3 wires to the fuel sender and then fuel pump, some high for the trunk light and some all the way back along the D/S to the D/S tail lamp and then onwards to the P/S tail lamp. My wiring here was not intact - does anyone have a pic of how the tail light daisy-chain arrangement works?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Not sure this is what you need or not.
The part to the lights goes through that hole seen in the earlier pic, then behind the vertical structure wall, and out near the fuel filler neck.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts