Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have in a box of door parts the small gear into which the window winder shaft inserts. This gear drives the larger gear and cables to raise and lower the window. Thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Side-specific

They are side specific, so make sure you match the letters.
Thanks Tom, makes sense for the entire unit. Do you think the gear alone is the same?

Rickrey1: the side I have is the right side, the passenger.

- Michael

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I just looked at my spares, and they seem identical, however the pair I gave to a good friend of mine were marked. The drivers side was marked S for left, the passengers side was marked with the first letter of the Italian word for right. I forgot what it was.
The winders on my Duetto turn to the right on the passengers side to roll the window up, and to the left on the drivers side. The gears are the same it must be the way the cables are run that makes a difference. Classic Alfa also lists them left, and right.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
I just looked at my spares, and they seem identical, however the pair I gave to a good friend of mine were marked. The drivers side was marked S for left, the passengers side was marked with the first letter of the Italian word for right. I forgot what it was.
The winders on my Duetto turn to the right on the passengers side to roll the window up, and to the left on the drivers side. The gears are the same it must be the way the cables are run that makes a difference. Classic Alfa also lists them left, and right.
D for right (dinero), S for sinestro - left.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cintos and thanks all. It looks like it is easier to replace the whole unit and cable-- and I do need the drivers side. I think the '71 may not work as they show different part numbers in IAP and Centerline. So, I ordered a left side unit from Centerline this morning. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts