Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have a 1969 Spider that the PO installed the Carello headlight covers over the stock trim rings and it looks awful. Obviously it just doesn't fit right. I actually like the way the lights look mounted in front of the fender with the trim ring and I also like the Carello covers.

Does anyone have a set of these they would like to sell or know where I can source a set?

This was a thread started in the classified section, but I thought I might have better luck in the Spider section. I am hearing these are pretty rare.

Here is the link to the thread in the classified section started by Franny Alfa and a pic of Stopwatch's Duetto with the trim rings.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...ght-trim-duetto-fits-under-carello-cowls.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Be aware that the Euro version uses special buckets so that you can adjust the headlights from behind. If you just mount the US versions from behind, there will be no way to adjust them without taking the whole bucket out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I've managed to adjust from the front even with the US buckets behind the fender (very thin screwdriver) but it'll all have to be aimed again once a bulb needs to be replaced since the whole bucket needs to come out for that. It wouldn't be an issue with the Euro buckets and H4s.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on adjusting the buckets if mounted inside the fender, but that is a last resort for me. I do not want to mount the headlight buckets inside the fender. I want to keep them outside the fender and use a thin headlight trim ring (as in the picture of Stopwatch's Duetto).

I heard these are really rare and hard to come by. I was hoping someone might have a set for sale or know where to find a set.

I will mount the buckets in the fender only after I feel I have no other choice and these thin trim rings can not be found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts