Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
After fooling around with British and a bit of German for many years, there is an Alfa coming my way.... Hasn't run in 20 years or more, a conglomeration of '67 and '69 (?) parts, and me with no experience working with Alfas at all, let alone roundtails (so it's not boat tail ever?), only wanting one. Probably a nightmare, a huge mistake getting rid of the familiar and taking the leap..... But found this thread and it is AWESOME! An overused word, I know - but it fits here!

I'll know more when I get the whole lot home and go through everything. I have a lot to learn and it will be a very slow process, but it's nice to have a place to start! Thanks!
Welcome to the Duetto world.

Veloce and Wille R. :)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Harold,

Thanks, I am working on a 67. This thread has been the back bone of my project. I should be finished in a few months. Without you it would be much longer.

Thanks again,

Charles

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
does anyone recommend a restoration shop for a 1750 boat-tail spider that needs an overhaul in the NYC/Long Island area?
also what do you folks think a decent budget should be?
i just bought one on-line and just got it delivered. not surprisingly, the online pictures look better than the reality. no real rust damage but could use a new interior and new paint job. its runs nicely but needs TLC.
i was thinking about just doing a complete overhaul.
i am looking for a shop that specializes in these cars - i don't want a learning curve or a shop that rips it apart and never gets it back together.
hoping to have it done and ready for next spring.
thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The spare parts cataloges are now also avaliable as Pdf files for free download at Spare parts catalogs

Enjoy and if you too are the lucky owner of a Duetto, welcome to join the Duetto Register

·
Registered
531 Posts
The spare parts cataloges are now also avaliable as Pdf files for free download at Spare parts catalogs

Enjoy and if you too are the lucky owner of a Duetto, welcome to join the Duetto Register

Hi Wille. I've been vstalking' you both here and on facebook for years now 🤣.
Thank you for your great effort to make this knowledge available on free public domains for enthusiasts...
Wish that you could branch out to kam tails. Mine is a Euro 1982 two liter, last year of the S2 split bumper, living in sunny (most of the time) Jordan.

Other than my dearly departed parents, it is the longest relationship I've ever kept, since 1994. And the plan is to keep her intact till I hand it over to my eldest, Ahmad and he hope that he can do the same in due time.
Still, not a lot by way of mileage... Partly because it has to compete for space and attention with a much bigger german bully, but also because it often doubles as somebody else's home (check the engine modifications : one catback per each cylinder)...
20150416_155943.jpg

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I cant get any of these links to open. Might this be related to the new Alfabb site server or is it something else. Can others get these to open.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I have the same issues. Only in the duetto digest. I can open the regular sider links. Also mentioned this to Osso as well. Hope they get it working.

·
Out of the office!
11,282 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've reported it to the owners.

For now, if you want to view one of the threads, please do the following:

1) Click on the link - you will see an address in the url window like this:
2)Swipe across https://xenforo.local.svc.cluster.local and type alfabb.com

it is inconvenient, but it works.
when you say "swipe across" do you mean select and replace it with alfabb.com? If yes....That does not work for me.

·
Out of the office!
11,282 Posts
None of the links have the correct website address.
when you say "swipe across" do you mean select and replace it with alfabb.com? If yes....That does not work for me.
Each thread in the AlfaBB has a thread number, it's like a file name on a computer. The path above is not a valid path. However, the thread number is valid.

So, to find the thread above, type alfabb.com/threads/594. That will get you to the proper thread on the server. Look at the path https://xenforo.local.svc.cluster.local/. No where in that path do you see Alfabb.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts