Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a 3rd brakelight at the bottom edge of the convertible top, 10" wide LED, attached with #8 sheetmetal screws drilled into the body lip. Ground lug under the left screw, +12V wire tucked under the bottom edge and enters the trunk thru a 1/4" hole with a grommet drilled under the chrome boot trim piece with the wire spliced into the left brakelight socket. I also replaced the missing lollipop reflectors with a poor man's solution, 2" Land Rover p/n 551595 for $10 for a pair, with posts machined from 3/8" aluminum rod.

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Light

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I like your concealed wiring. It looks like it could be easily removed if desired by a future owner, also. But if it saves you a rear end collision to a Duetto, then yes-- I'm for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
At first I thought "what a herretic thing to do to that classic", but actually it looks great and if you plan to drive in traffic will keep you safer for sure. Very very nicely done! Do you run bright LEDs in your regular taillights as well? That's as far as I have gone to prevent death by SUV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts