Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
‘73 Spider
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of buying a set of Rota RBs. I spoke to A-Spec to find out if the wheels they have listed are the proper fit for a Spider. He said the wheels are correct (15x7, 4x108, 30mm offset), but the center caps may not fit over the grease cap on the hub. Does anyone have any recent experience fitting these? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Don’t know about Spider, have them on my 77 Alfetta Sedan, came without them, I found if installed on the wheel before mounting I had no issues, may work for spider as well, don’t know for sure.

·
Premium Member
15,015 Posts
There is no problem on my 79 Spider but I am using aftermarket caps with an Alfa Romeo badge.

·
Premium Member
15,015 Posts
I bought plain plastic caps and adhesive backed Alfa decals from vendors on ebay. I don't recall the exact details. I made measurements and bought ones that fit.

·
Premium Member
15,015 Posts
The caps are like this but probably a different diameter. you will have to measure your wheels
The decals are like these:

Again, verify the diameter

·
Premium Member
‘73 Spider
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The caps are like this but probably a different diameter. you will have to measure your wheels
The decals are like these:

Again, verify the diameter
Ok, thanks. Maybe I’m not understanding the issue with the Rota caps. I thought the issue was with the depth and that the grease cap on the hub protruded too far through the wheel flange.

·
Premium Member
15,015 Posts
And I posted that the ones that I use fit!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have the RBs with the rota caps. At the front little modification. But I also have 10mm spacers so ET is 20. Modification needed because of the ring in the spacers to centre the wheel,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.