Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures with this original combo : rosso chiaro (AR 505) with beige gray interior ?
Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here's some from a 1960 veloce(only the seat, door and back panels are original) and an Alfa company shot.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mark that's the first pictures I've seen.
Are the red borders correct I belive they are gray?

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
This is my restored '62 Giulietta Spider.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Wow, great colour combination, to bad that you almost never see this on restored cars.
Ahhhh, Bob just stated "This is my restored '62 Giulietta Spider. "

·
Registered
266 Posts
for 2000gast - On this car the piping and plastic trim is the factory tomato red. If someone sees a higher res photo of the factory photo, you can make out the red piping. I don't know why this color is referred to as beige gray. In person, it is a simply bone white with only the slightest tint of beige. - nothing gray about it. Maybe something lost in translation.

Apparently this vinly color is NOT available currently in the exact embossment, but there are a few vinyls out there that come very close.

rcess - nice looking interior!

The bright red with this light color interior, I think, will look refreshing when finished.

Mark

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
A few comments on Giulietta Spider interiors. In December 1960, the contrasting (color) piping was eliminated and, at roughly the same time, stitching on the seats was introduced. Also, the beige-gray upholstery was used only on cars whose exterior color was either red or medium blue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mr. Cess, this is so cool. Ever since I got my 61 spider (red / black) I have thought about other colors (exterior) if for no other reason than to have something different than what everyone expects a giulietta to be - red with black interior. However, my car was born red and will stay that way. But, this grey or whatever one wants to call it is a nice alternative. Looks nice with the grey carpet too. The red carpets never seem to match the Pininfarina red paint anyway? I especially like your pleated seats (mine too) with that upholstery. Probably a bit cooler in the hot weather too? Must look into this...

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
The carpeting in the foot wells are floor mats to protect the black rubber mats. Not original, but they protect the rubber and are removed on special occasions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts