Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Sud has a roof mounted radio aerial which seems to be loose. There seems to be no way to tighten it unless you get access from under the head liner, which is inside the windscreen!
Anyone else dealt with this before?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Most roof aerials need tighteneing from below.
Originally the one on my sud had a small rubber plug on the top which you could prise out with a small screwdriver and tighten up the screw underneath

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ****, so I have to remove the front windscreen and then the headlining...........bummer

·
Registered
755 Posts
Do you have a Sud with the board type of headliner? Or is it like the vinyl type held in with wires?

If its the board type, I think it only has the lip of the window rubber holding it around the front window, and you should be able to lever it over the rubber. You will probably have to undo a fair bit of it or even take it out completely to gain access.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its vinyl......

·
Registered
755 Posts
oh bugger, well the best bet would be to take off a door rubber, peel off the vinyl headliner from around the door flange and just feel your way round to the centre and hopefully get a spanner or socket onto it from underneath.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers, will give it a go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts