Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that Ronal makes a number of wheel styles which fit our 164s - the correct 5x98 bolt pattern. They actually list the 164 on their site, even has pictures. We all know how amazing and rare that is!
The wheel I want is a 16x7.5". This is wider than the normal the 6.5" standard wheels. Do I need wheel spacers for the extra 1" width or would they have built the right offset in?
Anyone else have experience with Ronal wheels?

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
I found that Ronal makes a number of wheel styles which fit our 164s - the correct 5x98 bolt pattern. They actually list the 164 on their site, even has pictures. We all know how amazing and rare that is!
The wheel I want is a 16x7.5". This is wider than the normal the 6.5" standard wheels. Do I need wheel spacers for the extra 1" width or would they have built the right offset in?
Anyone else have experience with Ronal wheels?
I have been offering them for a long time. They are a good wheel. Typically made in Germany or Austria. Not lightweight and the styles are a little funky for my taste but there is one style that is very nice. They make most OEM wheels for VW, AUDI, SAAB, BMW and more. Most wheels on the road may be made by them.
Look in my wheel section. You can customize any wheel as well.
Jason

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ronal wheels

The weight of the Ronal wheel is the only thing bothering me. At about 24lb, they are heavy. OZ's are much lighter but I believe availability has become limited. 15lb vs 24lb is definitely a difference one can feel!

·
Premium Member
15,552 Posts
There is a guy on Craig's list (of LA or North Hollywood) trying to sell a set of pristine Borbet 16x7.5 for the 164. Can't vouch for the tires on them, but the wheels look good. These are the ones I was trying to buy a while ago before I found several other spares. They may not be the lightest wheels but I think they look good on my 164's.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/485355699.html

·
Registered
403 Posts
There is a guy on Craig's list (of LA or North Hollywood) trying to sell a set of pristine Borbet 16x7.5 for the 164. Can't vouch for the tires on them, but the wheels look good. These are the ones I was trying to buy a while ago before I found several other spares. They may not be the lightest wheels but I think they look good on my 164's.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/485355699.html
ALFA ROMEO 16" BORBET ALUMINUM RIMS KUMO TIRES BBS LUG STUDS LIKE NEW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts