Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of 14" Ronal A1 wheels I will be installing on my '76 Sud berlina. I will be running 195/55/14 Toyo T1-Rs which are just a bit too wide to fit correctly (you can't find decent performance tires in the original 185/60/14 anymore).

The 14" Ronal A1s have the same 42mm offset that is standard for the Sud. So I will have to use a spacer to get the wheel far enough away from the rear sway bar so it won't rub.

I don't like the shallow-dish look of the 14" Ronal. I've found pics of the 13" and 15" Ronal A1 and they seem to be dished much deeper and probably have a better offset. Does anyone know exactly how deep the "dish" is on the 15" and 13" wheel? This would be measured from the "phone dial" face to the inner lip of the wheel. Here are some pics to show you what I'm talking about:

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
One of my friends reckon that his 15" A1s have an approx. 4 cm deep dish, from lip to, eh, "disc"

Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'll get my brother to go measure his Ronal 15's that will be going on his 33 very soon! They're a nice rim thats for sure! Id say 40mm looks right in those pics

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can't help with ronals but re: tyres.

I've found a tyre that seems just as good as a539s, because I found that c-drives are hopeless..

and that's the Bf Goodrich G-force Sport. They're a great tyre for a 185/60 size, and unlike some 185's *cough* dunlops *cough* they don't look like cheese cutters they have a good square profile.

Apparantly built on a 195 tyre design, and cut down to 185. Also apparently michilin makes them.

lenus.

·
Registered
501 Posts
- Better post pictures of that 33, or else..!! :cool:
Hehe, the Ronals aren't on my 16v yet, but they will be in a few weeks. I really want 17"x7 rims, but this is going to be costly and will have to wait a bit longer. I'm sure the wider than standard Ronals (15"x7) will improve the handling of the car a bit. The interesting thing is though, that the series 3 16v is one of the few older cars that looks great with a really low profile tyre. While 17" rims look good on a GTV6, anything larger just looks silly. I think I've seen a few pictures of Alfetta sedans with 18" rims - eek!

Check out this thread for details of my rebuild progress http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=43667

~Benjamin

·
Registered
418 Posts
Funny, I absolutely HATE everything bigger than 15" on boxers, 145/146 execepted. They obviously weren't designed with that big wheels in mind, and I think it looks a bit silly as well, or rather, out of place :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Funny, I absolutely HATE everything bigger than 15" on boxers, 145/146 execepted. They obviously weren't designed with that big wheels in mind, and I think it looks a bit silly as well, or rather, out of place :)
Couldnt say it better myself..

Ps. I WANT TO BE IN DENMARK NOW!!! YOU BASTARDS!! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts