Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

So my newly purchased Alfettta has original Ronal A1 15 x 7 rims on it, the rims are dirty, other than pressure water and soap how do you recommend cleaning them?.
I am missing a single center Hub on one of the rims, do you know where can these be purchased? does anyone has a spare one to sell?.
Currently installed tires are 20 years old Yokohoma 195/60R15 which if I'm not mistaken has an accurate outer dimension compered to original (186/70R14).

I'm debating between staying with the same size as the car looks good enough and there is a large selection of tires for this size or go large and install a 205/55/R15.
205/55R15 is a little rarer size and options are more limited but few decent ones are available.

To make things more dramatic since this is a newly imported car whatever tire size I install and run via the car first registration test will be the only size I can use, forever! (Stupid law in Israel do not permit playing with tire sizes).

What are your opinion?.

Thx

·
Registered
663 Posts
The wheels are painted and clear coated. Easy to repaint yourself! But if they are pretty good there are new wheel cleaners that bond with iron oxide to remove embedded brake dust. You can then polish and wax and they should look great.

I had 15x8 ronals with 225/50-15 on my Alfetta. The best tire in 205/55 might be Yokohama Fleeva but there are many super tires in 205-50 from smooth riders to extreme performance. In the US Continental Sport Contact is a great pick and the Yokohama A501 are an extreme performance tire, nice! I just ordered a set of the Yokohama’s in 225/50 for my GTV6🙂 The 7” wheels will be great with 205s.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've run 205-50 15 on the 15 X 7 wheels on my GTV6 with very good success. Lots of options in that size. I currently have 225-50 15 on it and they have slight rubbing - but very slight. This could likely vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and how you align your car (I had a lot of negative camber).

I like a tire with a decent amount of sidewall on these cars. Low profile just looks wrong.

I think any of the sizes proposed (including the 205-55 and what is currently on the car) would work well for you. 205 - 50 15 will always be available (can you say Miata?) :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
205-55 on my stock GTV6 wheels work great, but you are correct that the selection is far less than 205-50. If I were you with those regulations, I'd definitely grab the more plentiful tire size. Performance differences between them will be nonexistent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks awesome ill try to check if we can get this material here.

so checked with a local tire place' their is a vey large selection of 195/60R15 some are very good ones none of them tough is a performance one.
205/50R15 is avillabe and some nice sporty ones are also avillable for its size.

205/55R15 almost non exists.

I will take couple of more days to think.

Thank for all the replies 🙏

1 - 6 of 6 Posts