Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR (OR ANYONE'S FOR THAT MATTER) ROMEOS HERE!!

It's small and low-quality, but here's a picture of my mother's Romeo 2 transporter (1961). I'll post more pictures when I go home in a few weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I could really use one of those to bring a car to the National Convention next week..........think she would let me borrow it!!??

Never mind, how much would it cost to ship it over???!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "box" at the back is pretty short. It's wide enough at 7' but lengthwise, it's a tight fit even with a bumperless 750 Spider!! She planned to transport her GTAJr with it, but it turned out to be way too short for that purpose... She wants to have it extended by 2' or so but I am opposed to that idea, just because I want it to be all original when I inherit it ;).

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Fix up the insides and turn it into a motor-home! Be greatt at the track or any event! Big comfy couch, refridgerator, TV............:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Fix up the insides and turn it into a motor-home! Be greatt at the track or any event! Big comfy couch, refridgerator, TV............:rolleyes:

I can see a hot tub installed in that area above the cab...:D

Tiger: Excuse my ignorance if this is well know info, but tell me about your mother and how she's come to have 25 Alfas??:confused: Is she looking to adopt any fully grown children?? :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't talked much about how she ended up with them yet, and here's a short version of it: She got her first Alfa (and still her favorite), '70 GT1300Jr back in '91 and the rest just kept coming. She's sold quite a few of them too but she also kept buying more and more:D. Unlike most of other females, she's not interested in expensive clothes, brand-name shoes or jewery at all, and I feel so blessed to be her only son:D:D!! I am going home in a few weeks so I will post picutres of her cars if I have time to do so.

Tiger: Excuse my ignorance if this is well know info, but tell me about your mother and how she's come to have 25 Alfas??:confused: Is she looking to adopt any fully grown children?? :D

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I haven't talked much about how she ended up with them yet, and here's a short version of it: She got her first Alfa (and still her favorite), '70 GT1300Jr back in '91 and the rest just kept coming. She's sold quite a few of them too but she also kept buying more and more:D. Unlike most of other females, she's not interested in expensive clothes, brand-name shoes or jewery at all, and I feel so blessed to be her only son:D:D!! I am going home in a few weeks so I will post picutres of her cars if I have time to do so.
Wow! Sure wish my parents would get bitten by the Alfa bug.:( You're very lucky!! My offer still stands - I'm up for adoption!! C'mon - don't you want a brother?? :D:D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wow- maybe I can sell my wife's Ford Freestyle and talk her into using it as our kid-hauler. Paint and hubcaps are a matter of personal taste, though. Still wish I'd bought one of the ARI service vans...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It would be cool to get a Romeo truck and put the shop name on the doors. It would make an awesome parts runner!
...AND you might be able write it off tax-wise on your shop! The two-tone in the photos looks like a people-mover- lotsa headroom.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
...AND you might be able write it off tax-wise on your shop! The two-tone in the photos looks like a people-mover- lotsa headroom.

I don't think so. Eevn though it has the high roof, it doesn't appear to have the bench seats all the way around the back, as on the taxis (as per photos and drawings; I have never even seen a Romeo taxi in person!) The Romeo people trasporter that was used at the Alfa factory, and was for sale for an insane aamout of money about 2 years ago (asking price was something like 60,000 Euros!) is still in Germany, as far as I am aware...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts