Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
key west to miami via 91 spider, 74 gtv to ft lauderdale, gtv6 to daytona,
gtv6 from daytona to hollywood, gtv to miami, spider back to key west. 3 days, 3 alfas, 1000 miles.

Spring break nationals are a kind of pimp my ride convention. the italian car show is just a regular club get-together of a club of which i am not a member.

gotta say g'bye to the wife before I go so my car is at her work.

a good shot of the spider newly waxed.

your happy author approaching 7 mile bridge near sunset

the open road...

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
racing a porsche to hollywood. gotta let em know who is boss now and
again.

your humble authors' car arrived at the show.

assorted red alfas

interior of 1st place alfa

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here we have the best in show, a lamborghini, i forgot the year but its like a 67 or something. wow was it beautiful. all it needed was a bond girl in the passenger seat and off id go...

I drove my gtv out to miami beach and found this rattler lambo sitting out front of my condo. pretty sweet indeed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,904 Posts
Thanks for the pics :) , some great Italians.

Pete

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i stopped at my cousins' house in miami. I think theres a jimmy buffet song about everybody having a cousin in miami. here is my car in his driveway.

I came to visit him and see how the oscars in the aquarium are doing. they are doing about 2 dozen goldfish a day from what i saw.

alfa spider 91 you are clear for takeoff runway 18 (mile stretch)

roger that mission control, going to full power...

so thats what another alfa car overdose weekend looks like.

later y'all.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
conchgtv,

Great photos. It's great to see those wonderful cars. The drive must have been lots of fun!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
222 Posts
.....the Drive To Daytona....

73veloce said:
conchgtv,

Great photos. It's great to see those wonderful cars. The drive must have been lots of fun!

Thanks again!
I own the the black 3.0 '81 GTV-6 that was "the Ft. Laud-Daytona Beach-Ft. Laud" car. About half way up to Daytona, we came across an old man driving a 2002 Alfa gtv Spider on I-95. It had German tags, but was not the convert. photographed in the earlier series of photos.
Alvin

·
Registered
222 Posts
sfloridalfa said:
I own the the black 3.0 '81 GTV-6 that was "the Ft. Laud-Daytona Beach-Ft. Laud" car. About half way up to Daytona, we came across an old man driving a 2002 Alfa gtv Spider on I-95. It had German tags, but was not the convert. photographed in the earlier series of photos.
Alvin

.....2002 Alfa on the way up.....911 on the way home. My idea of fun.
Alvin

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Dude, great thread. I gotta find out who imported that new GTV and how.

·
Registered
222 Posts
NEW GTVs

JudgeDredd said:
Dude, great thread. I gotta find out who imported that new GTV and how.

I'm not sure how they are coming in but there are at least 4 or 5 that I've seen running around the S Florida's highways. I have worked on the one in the "road trip" Daytona - conchgtv photos above. I added a 4 channel amp in the trunk. 2 channels to the front speakers and 2 channels to a 6" JL AUDIO woofer between the seats. It's a 2001 limited addition 24v 3.0 six speed.

I have also seen a 156 24v on I - 95 between Miami and FT. Lauderdale. Somebody told me GM is importing 147s, 156s, and 166s into Mexico and that Mexico HAS authorized Alfa dealers.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
SFA, that's great, thanks for the info. I never thought about that. I fell in love with the 156 while stationed in Europe. I can't believe GM didn't jump at the chance to import them while they still had a viable stake in Fiat. They could've sold them thru Pontiac or Buick dealerships and increased the foot-traffic in those places and maybe even sell some American stuff. The 147 is pretty nice too, but kinda small, a la Civic. If you see one for sale in South Fla, please let me know, especially the 156.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I just remembered after looking at the pics again that the new Spider has German insurance plates on it. It must've come from Europe directly. Hmmm, wonder how hard it is to import an Alfa directly from Germany? :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
conchgtv said:
so i stopped at my cousins' house in miami. I think theres a jimmy buffet song about everybody having a cousin in miami. here is my car in his driveway.
lmao, I do have a cousin in Miami. Too funny. BTW, love the GTV.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Anyone else with any info on late-model Alfas in the US?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts