Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife wants to go to Charlottesville, VA to escape the NC 100+ degree heat for some VA 100+ degree heat. I was persuaded :D into making the trip with the promise that I could pay a visit to IAP for some light shopping :cool:

Anyhow, I'd like to put a free shipping offer out to any local Raleigh-Durham Alfisti. You order it, I'll pick it up and bring it back to you (as long as it will fit in the Spider).

Going tomorrow (Friday) and I thought I'd put the offer out there for anyone interested.

Dan

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
My order from them will arrive today

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mission Complete: IAP Roadtrip Report Part 1

Managed to get up late on Friday morning and almost forgot camera... luckily while having coffee I checked alfabb.com on my phone for any takers on my free shipping offer and ossodiseppia's suggestion to get photos cleared out the cobwebs so I went home and got the camera :rolleyes:

OK, here is my photolog...

Sorry 164 you have to stay home this time :(, maybe you can go on the next roadtrip to see the Di Fatta Brothers ;)
0.sorry164yougottastayhome.IMG_4271.JPG

Real men don't ever need to have to ask for directions again (as long as those 24 satellites stay in orbit--thank you technology)
1.letsgo.IMG_4272.JPG

Time for fuel... It was a really hot day (100+ degrees F :eek:). With AC cranking, me driving "spiritedly" and nonstop on the 400 mile round trip the temp gauge stayed pretty much on or a notch above 175 for the entire trip. I offer this up to any potential owners who have questions about reliability (This car is my daily driver and do all regular maintenance).
2.needfuel.IMG_4274.JPG

Did I mention it was hot? A long straightaway in Virginia...
3.arewethereyet.IMG_4273.JPG

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mission Complete: IAP Roadtrip Report Part 2

Greater Charlottesville is a busy place with lots of traffic... but we made it!
4.madeit.IMG_4279.JPG

Before I entered I had to scour the parking lot for Alfas :D Turns out that this blue Spider was all there was aside from me. It belongs to Tom the guy at IAP who was helping me at the counter.
5.tomsspider.IMG_4282.JPG

International Auto Parts loading docks...
6.iap.IMG_4295.JPG

Entrance to IAP Store
7.iapentrance.IMG_4284.JPG

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mission Complete: IAP Roadtrip Report Part 3

Here is the small IAP store. As stated before Tom of IAP helped my with my list of wants while my wife looked on in a worried way ;) While we were talking, the owner/founder of IAP, Paul came out an said hello.
8.iapstore.IMG_4286.JPG

I mentioned to Tom that I was gonna be posting some photos on the Alfa BB and if I could take some photos of the warehouse. Apparently some lawyer said that there was a danger of Chromadoras falling on unsuspecting customers so they are not allowed back there :D. Tom volunteered to take some photos for me.

IAP Receiving 1 (photo credit: Tom of IAP)
9.iaprecieving1.IMG_4288.JPG

IAP Receiving 2 (photo credit: Tom of IAP)
10.iaprecieving2.IMG_4289.JPG

An long aisle of countless goodies :cool: (photo credit: Tom of IAP)
11.iapshelvesofgoodies.IMG_4290.JPG

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mission Complete: IAP Roadtrip Report Part 4

Where your order gets ready to find you...IAP Shipping 1 (photo credit: Tom of IAP)
12.iapshipping1.IMG_4291.JPG

IAP Shipping Part 2 (photo credit: Tom of IAP)
13.iapshipping2.IMG_4292.JPG

Tom came out to the parking and showed me his Spider and we talked about what else.. Alfas!

Time to go explore downtown Charlottesville and then drive back to North Carolina
14.onwards.IMG_4294.JPG

We ended up getting home around 8:30 PM and I managed to sleep until 11 AM this morning after baking in the sun.

Thanks to Tom and everyone at IAP for being a great resource to the Alfisti!

Dan

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
thanks for the pics - looked like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The building is much larger than the photos show. They have 7 loading docks to give you an idea. Their old building is to the left and closer to the road.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and my gps took me to the manufacturing facility just before IAP and some 10-4 good buddy was going to customize my spider with me and my wife enclosed as sardines :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts