Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Can you post a larger image that shows more detail of the area circled below? Fusi shows pictures of the 6-cyl RL and the 4-cyl RM engines that indicate this car may be identifiable as an RL or RM if certain parts of the sump and block are visible.

BTW: Congrats on constantly digging up wonderful Alfa pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I'm glad you found the car.

I've included the pictures of the engines Fusi shows for reference. I would have guessed RL as well, as an RM engine would have had some contraption on the side of the sump that probably would have been partly visible behind the tire.

The fist picture is a RL engine, the second one a RM.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Oh, and regarding the coach builder: D'Amico and Tabucchi show an RL Sport with torpedo body work attributted to Carrozzeria Lavezzari that shows "the bonnet presumably in polished aliminium." The body shape and certain features are entirely diferent from this car, but in the books I have it's the only car (other than the one shown in this thread) that seems to have a bare metal hood flaps. Interestingly, the car in this thread shows 7 louvres near the hood latch, while all other RL and RM cars seem to have only 6.

Maybe these are hints towards who built it. Then again, since we now know where the car is, it may not be difficult to find out without guessing. :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ruedi, for the additional information.
One more question, in which museum were the colour pictures taken ?
I found those pictures on the www, and forgot to mention the museum in my description

1 - 8 of 8 Posts