Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting over 5 weeks for a top boot from Caribou. I ordered online (credit card) from their website on 22 August... I called their number (949) 770-3136 & the 1-800 number to only get messages that the phone #'s are no longer in service.:eek:

Their website is still operating and apparently taking orders.

Can anyone give me info about Caribou's business, as of late? Have I been ripped off? Thought I'd ask before I go ballistic over the $225 and ,worse, the possibility that I've given out my credit card information to an unknown location...Visa rep said that no purchases have been put on the card though.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Contact your credit card company and immediately file a "non delivery" claim.
This is a signed form, wgich you can fax back.
My credit card company refunded me my money, they go after what is left if anything, of Caribou.
Credit card companies have a legal duty to hold you harmless if one of their accepted merchants does not deliver.

TTFN Elio

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
And yet another unsatisfied customer. I'm sorry you had to learn that way. The supplier list from this BB has some very good suppliers websites available. I just wish more people would check out a parts source before buying.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Caribooooo

I received my top in a reasonable time. Unfortunately, it was really tight. I got it to work and it stretched out a little but there are small gaps by the A pillars. I live in Colorado so rain isn't a huge deal but it does leak a little. Next time I'll spend the money for a known quality brand. You get what you pay for. :mad:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have been waiting 5 years for some floor mats and a fuel filter... I got all sorts of excuses, someone died of cancer, it was in the mail.... Don't use them....

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I have been waiting 5 years for some floor mats and a fuel filter......
You obviously are a very patient man:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
I've been waiting over 5 weeks for a top boot from Caribou. I ordered online (credit card) from their website on 22 August... I called their number (949) 770-3136 & the 1-800 number to only get messages that the phone #'s are no longer in service.:eek:

Their website is still operating and apparently taking orders.

Can anyone give me info about Caribou's business, as of late? Have I been ripped off? Thought I'd ask before I go ballistic over the $225 and ,worse, the possibility that I've given out my credit card information to an unknown location...Visa rep said that no purchases have been put on the card though.
If they have not charged anything, then cancel the car get a new one, if they did charge then dispute the charges. I have heard same issues with others.
J

·
Registered
288 Posts
:eek:
I have been waiting 5 years for some floor mats and a fuel filter... I got all sorts of excuses, someone died of cancer, it was in the mail.... Don't use them....
I just read where a letter was recently delivered 43 years after it was postmarked. Some things just take a little longer than others

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I hounded them for a while, then another Alfa person got some lawyers involved and contacted me a few times, then nothing... I bought them elsewhere and just wrote off the money as a lesson learned. But I have had great luck with all the other Alfa vendors I have delt with, always one bad apple.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i live near them. i was going to call them to see about coming there and shopping directly cash in hand. im goiing to try and see what they say. maybe i can provide some inside-info once i see the place.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ole Ed is a piece of work. Hopefully, Ed is dead. I think it's more a competancy issue than honesty. He used to cry on alfa digest a lot when people complained about poor service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What they said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you leave a message to cancel your order you get this loooooooooooooong lisk of excuses. I'm not sure why anyone would ever buy from Caribou. Your CC company will reverse the charges.

Once you cancel your order with Caribou they cannot ship and then bill you. If they ship something on their own after its been cancelled, it is legally a gift. Merchants know this.

Caribou = BAD NEWS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts