Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend an excellent shop that will powder coat rims in the SF area?

S

·
0 Posts
I have not used this company, but I have heard nothing but good things - they are in the San Jose area (a short trip down the 101).

> Wheel Techniques <

Good luck.

David

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slew. That company does extremely nice work. Pricy but you get what you pay for.
we THOUGHT wheel techniques was the place to go..

my friend got back his BMW M5 rims and was not happy with them at all.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had mine powder coated by Melrose powder coating in Oakland on Pearmain St.

The guy they work with Jose, did the media blasting first (down the street) at Meyer sandblasting (I think) the boys at Melrose will direct you there and pick them up when they're done.

They are steel Fergat wheels, and they did not require metal repair.

The result was quite nice, various color choices are available, although paint is original if you're a purist.

I'll post some photos later.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had mine powder coated by Melrose powder coating in Oakland on Pearmain St.

I guy they work with Jose, did the media blasting first (down the street) at Meyer sandblasting (I think) the boys at Melrose will direct you there and pick them up when they're done.

They are steel Fergat wheels, and they did not require metal repair.

The result was quite nice, various color choices are available, although paint is original if you're a purist.

I'll post some photos later.
do they do the actual metal repair as well or just the powder coating?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't think they do, but you might call them and check.

Melrose Coating- 510-568-7083

If you're in NY I'm not sure it would be worth the shipping to CA

They charged me $50 per wheel for the coating, and I think $15 per wheel for the blasting.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think they do, but you might call them and check.

Melrose Coating- 510-568-7083

If you're in NY I'm not sure it would be worth the shipping to CA

They charged me $50 per wheel for the coating, and I think $15 per wheel for the blasting.
i just gave them a call - they only do powder coating.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
we THOUGHT wheel techniques was the place to go..

my friend got back his BMW M5 rims and was not happy with them at all.
Can you elaborate on this? What did he have done & what wasn't to his liking? I've been planning on using them for some wheel work - so I'm curious to know a little more. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you elaborate on this? What did he have done & what wasn't to his liking? I've been planning on using them for some wheel work - so I'm curious to know a little more. Thanks.
they told him the car would be ready by 12pm on a tuesday and when he got there it wasnt ready and they didnt even start. this wouldnt have been that big of a deal but he had to travel over an hour from his apartment. so that was a wasted roundtrip of 2 hours for nothing.

he got 2 rims re-done. just some curb damage. he said the color match compared to the other 2 rims was slightly off.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone else have a recommendation?

my friend needs to re-do another rim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts