Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started having this problem with my 87 Grad. I was sitting at a light, ready to make a right turn when my windshield washers started pumping in time with my directional.

Sure enough, every time I turn the right directional on, the pump pumps. I have just started to trace things back, but the only place I can see so far that joins these two systems is the stalk switch housing. Before I tear into that I wanted to make sure I was not missing something obvious.

While it's nice to have such a clean windshield, I'd rather not burn out my pump just yet.

Any thoughts?

-Paul
PS - The washer switch still works fine.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Does the right turn signal still actually work like it should though beyond that?

It does sound like it's something goofy going on inside the stalk assembly, but as the whether it's a wire or the actual switch is up in the air.

At the really extreme end of things, it could be the return spring for the signals has either displaced or, over time, worn a hole in the body of the housing so that when you click right it contacts something it shouldn't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts