Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying the 164 again, but now to address a few other issues that caused me to park it. I have a bad wuush, wuush, wuush, rubbing sound from the right front wheel when I turn left, especially heard in parking lot situations. You can hear it inside the car and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing it. It even persisted after a brake pad change, not backing plate touching the rotor either. Brakes super smooth, no vibrations. I THINK it is a wheel bearing or hub wear problem, put sounds perfectly fine drive straight down the interstate or turning right. Wheel doesn't have play when I grab it and try to rock it.

I have a new wheel bearing on the shelf, but if anyone has a good front hub/knuckle assembly, I'd like to put the new bearing in that and change it out, at some point. Please let me know if you have one for a good price. Send me a PM please.
Charles

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
164 part

Enjoying the 164 again, but now to address a few other issues that caused me to park it. I have a bad wuush, wuush, wuush, rubbing sound from the right front wheel when I turn left, especially heard in parking lot situations. You can hear it inside the car and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing it. It even persisted after a brake pad change, not backing plate touching the rotor either. Brakes super smooth, no vibrations. I THINK it is a wheel bearing or hub wear problem, put sounds perfectly fine drive straight down the interstate or turning right. Wheel doesn't have play when I grab it and try to rock it.

I have a new wheel bearing on the shelf, but if anyone has a good front hub/knuckle assembly, I'd like to put the new bearing in that and change it out, at some point. Please let me know if you have one for a good price. Send me a PM please.
Charles
Hi, I have a set of NOS left and right.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
did you check the CV joint for a cracked boot? the symptoms sure sound like classic CV joint going bad.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tightened up the big hub nut and the sound is still there to only a lesser degree. So I assume it is a hub/bearing issue. I was hoping the the sound would completely go away, but it did not at more extreme turning situations and it's not tire rub on the inner fender liner. I have heard that before, but that is not the case here. Thanks for all the replies. I guess I am still shopping a knuckle.
Charles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts