Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what ever reason, the right turn signal has stopped working. Neither the front or the rear turn signal lamps work on the right side. The left side is working perfectly. Are there two turn signal relays for this car for left and right? Or what should I be looking for?

·
Registered
160 Posts
99.9% sure it is your blinker relay.
It is the most upperleft relay in your relaybox underneath the cover on the LH lower side of your steering column.
Try the following; select right turningsignal and wiggle your relay a bit.If it starts working, it is your relay.
Solution:Since you guys don't have a scrapyard around every corner with at least 3 164's I would like to recommend to take the relay out, take the black cover off and to re-solder all the attachments on the PCB of the pins that stick in the relaybox.

Arjen

·
Registered
852 Posts
It happened to me before on my Q.... while it didnt stopped working all together, but when I tap it on the signal relay, it started working and again stops after a while. As Steve suggested (also there is a thread on alfa digest), I took out the signal relay and opened it and resoldered everthing in it. Now, its working perfectly.

-Pavan

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I suspect it is a relay contact problem. Today it wasn't working when I drove to Sacramento. There are some bumps out at the Nimbus Winery that seemed to have jarred the relay enough to where it started working again. I will pull the relay and resolder the unit contacts and resolve the issue. Thanks for the answers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts