Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished doing installing a chassis stiffener, red Konis, and all new bushings. Man what a difference! In the spring its cross drilled rotors, new pads, and steel lines; then new tires on my phone dials and ready for Chicago.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I just finished doing installing a chassis stiffener, red Konis, and all new bushings. Man what a difference! In the spring its cross drilled rotors, new pads, and steel lines; then new tires on my phone dials and ready for Chicago.
Welcome to the BB

Isn't it great! I remember right after I did the same mods to my Spider it felt the same way. I was thinking of selling it because it just didn't feel like a Sport's car but after doing the same mods you just done I decided to keep it.

Other good mods are:

1. Adj. camber arms for extreme cornering but too much negative camber and it affects straight line stability and braking.

2. Lighter weight wheels, those Phone dials are soooo heavy (24.4 lbs) I got some Panasports (17 lbs) and there was a very noticeable difference in how the car responded to the throttle........just felt lighter on its feet

As a note, I had the cross drilled rotors and I didn't notice any difference, the ss brake lines are a good improvement though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Regarding corss drilled (cast hole) rotors. I have used them on my '89 Porsche 928 S4 a couple of years. I've gone back to the solid (turbine type ribs for interior ventilation) stock design. I don't see any difference in the two types for braking and that is a heavy car. I do have the cast hole rotors on my '94 928 GTS, but that's for "show", rather than GO/STOP. Just my experience.
Glad you like the chassis stiffener. That my be on my winter to do list. After driving the 928's for so long, the Spider seems VERY flexible.
Ciao,
Gary Knox
West Chester, PA

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where do you get this chassie stiffener? Will it work on S4 1991 Spiders? This car is so flexible I can see it twist on the rough roads around here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts