Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the Alfa BB so I thought that I would share a photo of my recently restored GTV/6.

The car is the ex-Ricardo Patrese GTV/6 as driven in support races and PR events throughout his 1985 season with Bennetton Alfa Romeo. He and fellow factory driver Eddie Cheever had access to a fleet of race-prepped PR cars throughout the season. However, due to its 275bhp 3.0 liter development engine, this was Ricardo’s favorite. This angered Eddie to no end since, as the #2 driver, he was often left driving a more pedestrian 240bhp Group A spec 2.5 liter car. The car was later sold to Brazilian Wagner Dias who raced it sporadically in local events with some success.Wagner, a well known gambler and ladies man, lost both the car and girlfriend in a card game evidently sponsored by the Brazilan federalies. Wagner hasn’t been seen since but the car turned up in Paraguay where it exchanged hands numerous times before finally being stuffed into a banana tree by one of its owners who had had a bit too much to drink. It sat in the owner’s garage under a cover until a business colleague discovered it in 2002.
gtv6frt.jpg

gtv6rear.jpg

If this all sounds a little hard to believe that’s because I made it up. Fellow Alfa BBer FIATOSCA fabricated the story and made me post it (Ronal A1 wheel deal)…and I photo shopped the pics, too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice. Anymore pics of the engine? Details of the car's setup?
I’m new to the Alfa BB so I thought that I would share a photo of my recently restored GTV/6.
If this all sounds a little hard to believe that’s because I made it up. Fellow Alfa BBer FIATOSCA fabricated the story and made me post it (Ronal A1 wheel deal)…and I photo shopped the pics, too.
Do you want him to photoshop them too?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Great job! Totally had me believing, now if those pesky Nigerians ever learn Photoshop... ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rats, I thought this was going to be the really rare "long tail" version that the factory built. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one of those too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I should post some real photos of my car. I would love to make the car look like original pics - but then I would have to trailer it around and I enjoy driving it too much for that. My documentation was sporatic so I'll show what I have.

lowfrt2.jpg

lowrear.jpg

Pretty straight car to start with.

start.jpg

Started in Nov 06 with some welding and minor rust repair. The typical places -lower rocker, fender inner reinforcement, and a million holes.

rocker1.jpg

lowrearweld.jpg

More to come. CDM - I like the way you think. Don't tempt me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your car looks really nice! What color is it? Grey? Silver? Non-metallic? Whatever you do DO NOT 'race' or do time trials on the A1's - they are too weak.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Could you please post a description of all the mods so far? Suspension, engine, brakes, etc. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sweet looking car. It is good to see people take the time to fix these cars up and GTV-6's look so much cleaner without all of the plastic cladding. What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
463 Posts
As co-author of the spoof post, I am glad to see that people enjoyed it. It's amazing what a couple of beers will do for a person's creativity. I would just like to note that I am still the rightful owner of the Ronal A1 rims in the pics until Rob pays me!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Didn't I see this car in Detroit?

Great color.......great car, pop the hood and show the rest of it!!!:D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Car was in Detroit at the National. That was the week that Rob stole my Ronals and put them on his car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts