Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

i am looking for images of the right hand drive Tipo 115.05 GT 1600 Junior from the years 1975 and 1976. This car should basically look like it´s LHD version, almost identical to the 2000 GTV exept for no bumber overriders, small taillights and no C-pillar badge. Does anybody own such a car and is willing to share images and maybe the chassis number as well?

Would be thankful if anybody can help!

Patrick

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine is - well kind of. My car is a 1975 GT Junior 1600. However, it was a Southern African build (from a kit supplied from Italy). Perhaps because of that, it has a couple of features which wouldn't be expected i.e. big rear lights and the larger front uprights / brakes that would normally only be on a GTV. Additionally, the previous owner swapped out the engine for a 2 litre and I have swapped the back axle for the longer LSD GTV version - so now it is only a few badges away from being a GTV. Also, the bumpers were not on the car when I bought it - I have them loose. They don't have over riders.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is - well kind of. My car is a 1975 GT Junior 1600. However, it was a Southern African build (from a kit supplied from Italy). Perhaps because of that, it has a couple of features which wouldn't be expected i.e. big rear lights and the larger front uprights / brakes that would normally only be on a GTV. Additionally, the previous owner swapped out the engine for a 2 litre and I have swapped the back axle for the longer LSD GTV version - so now it is only a few badges away from being a GTV. Also, the bumpers were not on the car when I bought it - I have them loose. They don't have over riders.
Do you happen to have images from the dashboard, the seat and the C-Pillar for me?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! May i ask about the chassis number sequence? You can X out the last two digits if you want. Does the Dashboard have a badge on it??

·
Registered
189 Posts
The chassis number is AR1150500012XX. A badge? where on the dashboard - between fuel/temperature gauges and the warning lights?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2000 GTV had a "2000" badge on the wood on the dashboard above the glove department. Did you check if the rear lights were retro fitted? Does the real panel look stock from the inside, how about the cable connection for the tail lights does that look stock?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine has a 2000 badge on the wood, but this was added by the previous owner. He also replaced the wood veneers. I think that the rear lights look stock. I will take a closer look next time and a few photos. I refer to mine as a bit of a mongrel. The previous owner must have bought a bare 2000 engine, as he tried to carry over the Weber DCOE 40 44/45 carbs without modification. I have modified them in line with the DCOE specification for the 2 litre spider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts