Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
RHD GTA

Serial # looks pretty good, but how have they managed to switch the spare tire well and the fuel cell side to side???

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Serial # looks pretty good, but how have they managed to switch the spare tire well and the fuel cell side to side???
Looks to me that they just took out the original floor and put in a flat panel with a hole on left for a spare tire well and that well does not look to be as deep as a standard Alfa 105 series spare tire well.

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
A few more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would make the petrol tank swap seem logical. So somebody has converted to RHD then ...
Pete
NO, just the riveted-on tipo plate is wrong for some reason (should be 10504/A), the stamped chassis number on the fire wall is correct 752--- number for RHD.
Only 50 RHD GTAs were ever made.

·
Administrator
12,580 Posts
Why?

Repro radiator and oil cooler?
Wrong valve cover?
Missing radiator shroud?
Wrong Webers?
Or?
Like the boot the carbs and exhaust manifolds had swapped logical places ... sorry poor attempt at a joke.
Pete

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Why?

Repro radiator and oil cooler?
Wrong valve cover?
Missing radiator shroud?
Wrong Webers?
Or?
A number of those things. The engine block is a type 536 and this chassis is said to have been converted to LHD at some time and then back to RHD.

Picture from the Bonhams web site. I had some communication with them and learned about the block and I noted them made a addendum to there floor notes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
more pictures

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts