Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to remove all wiring and wanted to reinstall removing the interlock and it's harness, how would one do it?

I know all about the recall modification bypass, but I want to totally get rid of it. I have a new ignition switch w/o #16 terminal as well. Does someone follow the '72 diagram? And if so, the '72 doesn't have the relay switch, '74 does...so should I remove it?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
A popular modification is to install a starter relay on those cars not factory equipped with one as it can increase the service life of the ignition switch by reducing the current draw through the start contacts. So you may want to consider leaving the existing relay installed.
There is currently no 1974 GTV diagram without the interlock system but please give me a couple of hours and I'll modify a diagram for you. Unless you indicate otherwise, I'll leave the starter relay and delete the interlock system to include the seat switches, buzzer, seatbelt warning light, etc. Also, please PM me your email address and I'll send you the diagram when it's finished.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Funny That You Should Ask Now. I Actually Started Doing This On My 1974 Spider Yesterday (in between cutting out and replacing the floors). Thanks Papajam For The 1973 Wiring Diagram. As You Can See Considerable Amount Of Wiring Is Removed In The Process. I'm Not Removing The Entire Harness To Do This; I'm Removing Specific Wires. When I'm Finished Wiring I'll Test (and if all goes well) And Rewrap.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ooh - can I have the same diagram?? I've gutted mine and want to make sure I've not missed any connections that are needed for other functions. PM sent!

Thanks
Simon

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Funny That You Should Ask Now. I Actually Started Doing This On My 1974 Spider Yesterday (in between cutting out and replacing the floors). Thanks Papajam For The 1973 Wiring Diagram. As You Can See Considerable Amount Of Wiring Is Removed In The Process. I'm Not Removing The Entire Harness To Do This; I'm Removing Specific Wires. When I'm Finished Wiring I'll Test (and if all goes well) And Rewrap.
When I did the floor replacement on my 74 i started with the dash in place. After a while I removed it and had wished I had done it earlier. Gave me a lot more working room and made life much easier

Papajams wiring diagrams are the bees knees!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts