Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Revs also has an on line photo galley where I recall finding some Trans Am Alfa photos.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Revs I. is an incredible resource besides the jaw-dropping collection. Those 33's were awesome mixing it up with American V8 muscle.

·
Registered
1985 Spider (SSM AutoX)
411 Posts
What if I tell you I've planned a (now COVID-19 cancelled) business trip to Parma with a stop in Milan specifically to visit the museo storico's TZ sisters? Wouldn't call a Florida trip to the Revs Institute a waste if I get to see a TZ and a McLaren F1.

Would be a much easier trip once things go back to normal, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
What if I tell you I've planned a (now COVID-19 cancelled) business trip to Parma with a stop in Milan specifically to visit the museo storico's TZ sisters? Wouldn't call a Florida trip to the Revs Institute a waste if I get to see a TZ and a McLaren F1.

Would be a much easier trip once things go back to normal, that's for sure.
Not to mention the 8C 2900B, 8C 2300 Spider, 55 D-Type Jaguar and the Ferrari 250 LM.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
COVID has changed everything. One day I hope to ship my Ducati to Italy and tour Tuscany and to Bologna.

But then I look at my finances and I am being ruined by the restrictions. Sigh...but still moving forward on all of my machines!

1951 Ford V-8 Custom Sedan, 1963 Ducati F3 250cc Replica, 1600 Alfa Project, 1920's Coffin Water Reservoir Hit or Miss Single cylinder Gas Engine

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really, everyone should check out the incredible website...If you find yourself in Naples a must see...and the Cuban food at Sandy's Cuban cafe. Revs does "exercise days" as well for their collection. Good Heavens they have a Gurney Eagle! The 250LM Ferrari is valued at 25 million! Aaargggh!

Cheers, S

1951 Ford V-8 Custom Sedan, 1963 Ducati F3 250cc Replica, 1600 Alfa Project, 1920's Coffin Water Reservoir Hit or Miss Single cylinder Gas Engine

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
My Dad, E.C. "Mac" Macgowan had chassis #051. Also an ex Sebring car. It was wrecked at an SCCA race at Candlestick Park in SF. Dad bought it as a wreck and started the restoration. Unfortunately sold it before repaired.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I had planned a week in southwest Florida over the holiday break, with intent on visiting this museum.
Plans are changing now...
The 1.5 L twinspark OSCA Sterling Moss drove at Sebring in 1954 is there too.

Many amazing historical cars in the collection!

Reactions: 383494

·
Registered
299 Posts
View attachment 1662162

If you've never been to this stunning collection in Naples, Florida, put it on the list. If you can't they have an excellent website to explore their incredible machines. 1964 Alfa Romeo Guila TZ | Revs Institute
I would love to see the TZ. As a kid I saw the car under a tarp outside of Tenney‘s garage. He told me “it’s just an old race car.” This was probably 1968 or 9 when the car was outdated on the track and vintage racing or collecting such cars wasn’t yet a thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts