Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken a look or know of the Spider that is on SD CL located in Scripps right now? I was hoping someone local might have an opinion about the car before I make the drive to go see it. It looks pretty good in the single photo in the ad, but CL is a crapshoot, ya know?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hard to say from that ad.

Rebuilt transmission: good, if done correctly. I'd want a receipt from the shop that did the rebuild. Does the rebuild mean that the car was driven hard?

Rollbar: Warning sign, IMHO, that the car was hotrodded.

Tire Block: does the e-brake not work?

Bra: Watch for paint wear under the bra.

Cardboard under car: All old Alfas drip a little. It's how they show that they love us. ;) However, I'd inspect the cardboard to see where those drips are. And if the cardboard is gone when you inspect the car, I'd be suspicious.

Those are my only suggestions, but you'll need an in-person inspection & drive. Good luck - Dickson

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the cleanest Graduates I've seen until orange dandruff came raining down from the rocker panel when I knocked on it. Kinda sad, since if it wasn't for the body rot, it would make a nice Spider. Buyer beware if anyone is interested though, since the rust isn't obvious unless you're looking for it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And this was an '88! I've never seen such a late car with so much rust. So sad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts