Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Neph, I found this one which seems correct but I'm not sure....
Neph, can you check the one I sent you or is installed? I have one 47.5mm long x 2.2 mm coil thickness x16 mm o.d. .. it seems very stiff with like 10 mm deflection

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
212 Posts
Uncle,

it's mounted directly after receiving it 3 years ago. I was searching for the measurements of the spring... could not find them, thought that Karen send a mail about it but it was here on the BB

Spring you show in the picture is wrong. Compare it with the picture of the right one, it's way softer!

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Yes, I agree it isn't the right one.. unfortunately. It's obviously too stiff. It's from a Giulietta but I don't know what.

I know how Henry wants to stay correct, but there are many pumps mounted on the head that are "flow though" with a electric pumps doing the work for even the most picky and "correct" owners I know. In winter climes like ours (not Mexico) where cars sit for months I find the electric pump useful to purge my tank at the beginning of the season.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I agree it isn't the right one.. unfortunately. It's obviously too stiff. It's from a Giulietta but I don't know what.

I know how Henry wants to stay correct, but there are many pumps mounted on the head that are "flow though" with a electric pumps doing the work for even the most picky and "correct" owners I know. In winter climes like ours (not Mexico) where cars sit for months I find the electric pump useful to purge my tank at the beginning of the season.
My car does sit for quite some time while other cars get their turn and I certainly find electric pumps very helpful.

And that's what might end up happening with my car, the original pump for looks and an electric one doing the work. Don't know yet

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Eureka!

I knew I had one... just had to find the right sock drawer where I hide my stash away from prying eyes. It was in a properly labeled zip lock bag. Do you still need it?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts