1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
the PA-01 requires 11 1/2" clearance according to the manual...does your 74 have at least that with some to spare? I mean you need room to manoeuvre it in under there as well.

not sure how different your 74 is to the later S3/S4 spiders, where 11.5" would be the absolute max..........the space under the fender is quite tight so anything minutely bigger has no chance.

They do a mini version, PA-03 which has an 8 3/4" inch body.....that would obviously fit, but only has an 18" mast, which is really short

·
Registered
353 Posts
I dont have easy access to check, but there are power antennas that have the motor separated from the mast, connected by a cable, so only the mast has to fit under the fender, decreasing the space needed. You mount the motor in a convenient location.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Agreed with Stasha about the remote motor usage. FYI, I bought one off of Ebay the was supposed to fit in an Alfa and like Dom mentioned, it was too long. 12.5" I believe.
I did get a refund though.
18" is better than nothing. That being said, I rarely listen to anything but the engine in my Alfas.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to go with a hidden antenna. Car is in the body shop at the moment, so we're going to delete it and go with a clean shave. Based on the reviews I have read for the hidden antennas out there, I'm going to try and simply mount the existing antenna inside the fender well. If that doesn't work, I'll try something else. Radio signal is not a major priority for me, but it's nice it it works.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I decided to go with a hidden antenna. Car is in the body shop at the moment, so we're going to delete it and go with a clean shave. Based on the reviews I have read for the hidden antennas out there, I'm going to try and simply mount the existing antenna inside the fender well. If that doesn't work, I'll try something else. Radio signal is not a major priority for me, but it's nice it it works.
Thought you already ordered the PA-03 antenna?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still curious, but definitely decided to go with the hidden antenna method. I'll share my experience, feel free to share yours...

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I'm still curious, but definitely decided to go with the hidden antenna method. I'll share my experience, feel free to share yours...
Wil do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts