Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I remember your misfortune with the accident and your efforts at sourcing parts. I'm glad it's all coming together.
1. The original paint codes can be located on the right under side of the trunk lid.
2. Before you go to far with the speedometer, try unplugging the connector from the speedometer and use contact cleaner and dielectric grease to see if that fixes it.
3. I can supply you with Left door key lock barrel and new emergency brake cable if they are the same as US models.
For the high and low pressure fuel hoses at the fuel pump, substitute Fuel Injection hose of the correct size, probably 9mm.
Clutch master cylinder and Radiator coolant tank cap can be bought from International Auto, Centerline, or Jason.

Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia Parts since 1971 - International Auto Parts
Centerline Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories | HOME | [888] 750-ALFA
Alfa Parts | Alfissimo International |

Make sure they are the right parts for your UK car. Jason is probably your best bet.

·
Premium Member
26,991 Posts
Red paint code 130, bumper code antracite (charcaol) 776 on your model should be same as USA 164B/L.

Hope you left a short end to your fuel elbow tube so you can use a 7.5mm fuel injection hose and clamps to reconnect together the two pieces.

As for getting new fuel line or lines to connect to tank cover on your euro spec 164 what is chassis number? There are three different part numbers for those fuel tubing "hoses" and is your fuel filter on the same side of car as fuel filler door or is it on the left side near exhaust like earlier chassis numbers? Did you only cut the pressure one (the one on the right closed to fuel door side of car?

Looks like right side configuration started with chassis 6170148 and another change to tank cover and tubing happened with chassis 6259323.

Your fuel line set up including tank is different from our USA steel tank models.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Which door do you need the lock for left front, or left rear. i'm guessing they are the same, but want to get you the correct one.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I have spare lock tumbler in spare doors. I can remove the tumble and sent it. I'll get pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
26,991 Posts
There isn't any 135 relay listed in any 164 data I have are you sure of that designation?

As for speedo issue powered by pink wire off ignition switch on 95 model, have you checked F2 10A fuse in G2 small aux fuse box above main fuse box?

Also check F1 10a fuse in same G2 aux fuse box for power to A/C compressor clutch relay Q22. That relay is behind speedo cluster.

Your 1995 164 TS chassis 6304376 was built 05/94 TS 4-cyl engine is a AR64103**0011520

As for fuel lines coming off top of tank cover, pressure line (you say you cut) to fuel filter under right side of body it is 60605732 and return line is 60605733 for this VIN 6304376. Production change D0282 starting with chassis 6290240.

·
Premium Member
26,991 Posts
Hi Steve.
I apologize. That's what I "thought" I read somewhere. I'm not sure what that fuse is named / coded. However, I will look in to those fuses as you have asked me to. Will report findings asap.

Any idea if those pressure hoses can be bought from somewhere, somehow?

Thank you for the detailed info as always, Steve!
Zaid
Nope on the hoses probably have to be off a parted Euro spec after that 629xxxx chassis.

·
Premium Member
26,991 Posts
Oh. I thought as much.
I'll try looking for it in Netherlands. The only problem with that is the shipping from there. If it was the UK, shipping would have been much more economical and easier to source.
Anyways, thank you Steve.
Should be a breaker in UK, too I would think.

Here is the 60605733 return line in IT ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUBO-CARBURANTE-ALFA-164-SUPER-FL2-NUOVO-ORIGINALE-60605733-/400772017942?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item5d4fdfaf16

But you said you cut 60605732 pressure line to filter right?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
That looks like a full size spare. The US ones have a larger rim, smaller tire and painted orange so they stand out...ugly so owners get them changed:) A tire has a life of 10 years max, including spares. I wouldn't run it.

·
Premium Member
15,842 Posts
You didn't have the windshield insured against shipping damage?

·
Premium Member
15,842 Posts
Hope he is successful. I have also had that problem, where they just don't want to bother inspecting anything for damage, but just get it delivered, period. Then, they get pissed if you get red faced and insist on it.

·
Premium Member
15,842 Posts
Wow, that's some serious rust in that corner, and yet, basically no rust elsewhere? Hopefully you will be able to successfully cut that out, and replace with good material. Maybe replace with a section from a wrecked car?

·
Premium Member
15,842 Posts
Certainly, a OEM piece cut out of a otherwise wrecked 164 would provide properly contoured/shaped material to be welded in. Would beat trying to weld in odd sheet metal pieces?

If you could locate another 164 body with no damage in that location, have that local area cut out as an assembly to be welded in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi Zaid

I'm in Italy, maybe I can help. Write to me at: [email protected]
ciaooo

Hello alfa world!
Wow, it's been a real long time since I last typed alfabb.com on my browser!.... And a real lonnnnggggg time since I last drove my 164. in fact, just about a year now!
The forum has always been very useful to me and everyone else across the world, and not visiting it in a long time, somehow, seems to create some kinda wierd feeling. Honestly. May be I just miss my car?

Anyway, Not sure if you guys remember, but I posted on the forum about the accident I met with my 164 on the 9th of December last year. Just a month less than a year ago. Well, as a matter of fact, the car has been hibernating in my garage ever since. Surprisingly only one tire has gone flat. The rest have somehow held on! The battery is obviously dead.

Enough beating around the bush. I'm happy to announce to my fellow alfistis (is that the right word?!) that it's now time for resurrection. :D Well not actually resurrection as the car only suffers from a damaged body on the front end. Engine and every thing else is just fine. it's wake up time for my little alfa!

I've been very lucky in sourcing almost all the parts I needed for the 164, from Netherlands. Mine is the UK version (2.0L Twin Spark) and the parts are the same, thankfully. The president of the Netherlands 164 registry (Mr. Hendrik Koerts, who may or may not be on the forum here) had a few 164s he was breaking (BTW, he has about 7 or 8 164s in his garage. I know, awesome as hell!) and I managed to get nearly everything I needed from them before the bare bodies were sent for recycling.
He's a great guy and very helpful too and he's got a load of spares in his garage. In case anyone here needs ANYTHING, PM me and I'll send you his details with his consent. I actually found him on the 164 Facebook group. so those of you not on that group yet, HOW DARE YOU? I'm just kidding. Go join the group soon. It's useful without doubt! At least, it was for me :)

So I've gotten a used genuine alfa 164 windshield with the trims (talk about being lucky!) to replace mine which developed two cracks on the top two corners. I have no idea how those cracks actually appeared. Seriously! It appeared before the accident. The accident did not cause any damage to the windshield. It only left the headlight on the passenger side smashed to pieces, and the left side front fender panel, bumper and bonnet all bent and damaged.
I've gotten replacements for all of the damaged parts including the bonnet and fender.

The replacement headlights I've gotten are the euro bosch lights with electronic beam level / height adjusters. (I actually never knew the electric adjusters existed for the 164!)

The car will be towed away for a full paint and mechanical repairs this weekend.
While under repairs, I hope to replace my hvac console unit from the switch type to the touch button type (I've got the complete wiring, fuses, temp sensor etc). Also, the mirrors will be replaced with the fully electric mirrors like on the super or QV.

In addition, I'm contemplating on adding a reverse sensor and camera unit with a rear view mirror which has a built in monitor and dash cam. That way I don't have to have a clumsy monitor on the middle of the windshield or modify the center console to fit a 7" dvd player for the reverse camera monitor. I'd like to know your take on it? I seriously need it coz im very bad at reversing at night, especially in tight spots.

And here is the help I'm looking for from the forum:

1. Could someone kindly share the original paint code of the red color paint? Also what is the original paint code of the bottom half of the car?
I'm not changing the color. I'm keeping the original factory color. However, many years ago, some stupid painter had the bottom half painted full black instead of the original color. So I'd greatly appreciate if someone here could share those paint codes with me.

2. The speedometer has some kinda problem where it works only intermittently. It works, then goes off, then works again.... And the cycle repeats. I was browsing through the forum a few hours ago when I found a recent thread about it. Looks like the i35 relay (according to steve) is malfunctioning. I'll go through that thread again as its the exact same problem I have. However, I wouldn't mind of anyone could summarise a solution right here. I'm anyway taking the whole dash off (to fit the windshield, new center console etc) so it would be much easier to work on this issue as well.

3. The car was never started after the accident (as the radiator was damaged and all the coolant leaked out. So I was afraid of busting the engine) and therefore what are the things I would need to inspect or do before I put in the new battery + radiator and start the car up?

3. Could anyone let me know if they have the following bits and pieces for the 164:
# high and low pressure plastic fuel hoses that connect to the top of the fuel pump. I cut the high pressure hose in mine out of anger when the **** thing wouldn't come off. Bad decision, I know.

# left door key lock barrel

# brand new clutch master (benditalia part number: 1421983)

# all relays to the speedometer area

# new hand brake cable

# radiator coolant tank cap

I apologize if it's wrong to post a request for parts on this section. If it is wrong, please do let me know and I'll remove it.

Thank you all in advance :)
Zaid

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, alfisti

About the speedo I had the same problem with my 164 S, and in the end I had to replace the sensor on the gearbox which solved the problem.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
speed sensor

The sensor for the speedo is located on the upper side of the gearbox and in the back of it as you look from the front of the car. Somewhere under the brake servo mechanism, It is a cilinder (about 1 inch high) and there's a wire that goes from it to the speedo.
The acces is from under the car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts