Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking while I have been resurrecting a GTV6 as a fun summer project -- the posts here have been a great help!

I got everything together yesterday, and went to start it, and got an ugly clattering sound. I then took things apart again, checked the tensioner, timing belt again, and marks on the cams, but everything checked out: the timing marks aligned, and there were no hangups when I rotated by hand. I took a short video, in case anyone has any ideas about what might be wrong.

The last time it ran (admittedly a couple of years ago), it ran fine as far as I could tell except for a bad water pump (which I have since replaced).

Any suggestions or ideas? (Hopefully it's not something terminal).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I couldn't really tell from the short vid, sounded normal to me, but maybe the sound is not coming through on the video?

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone -- I went ahead and put everything together, and I managed to get it running briefly today. The sound I described is intermittent with some cranking, so I am wondering whether it might have been the starter. Unfortunately, the fuel return line (the only one I had not replaced) burst as it was running, so I will have to replace that before I make any more videos. Thanks again, and I will post a better video if it continues to be a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts